A five day course giving you the practical skills to achieve the Scrum Alliance Scrum Developer qualififcation.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
The Certified Scrum Developer (Comprehensive) provides delegates with a deep understanding of Scrum, the Agile Manifesto and with the skills required by Extreme Programming teams. The course immerses you in Agile from day 1 as it’s delivered via an iterative and incremental approach with concepts gradually reinforced over the 5 days. The training emphasises hands-on learning through simulation and practical exercises, followed by reflection.
Students are assessed throughout the week and given opportunities to improve their craft. Upon successful completion, students can obtain the Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) designation. With over 350,000 members, the Scrum Alliance is the oldest, largest and most widely recognised certifying Agile organisation in the world.
On completion of the Certified Scrum Developer Immersion course, delegates will be able to:
- Apply the rules of Scrum and provide rationale for their application
- Distinguish between Scrum and Agile practices introduced by other Agile methods
- Apply Extreme Programming techniques
- Explain the principles and values of the Agile Manifesto and apply them to new situations
- Apply Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development techniques
- Design and set up Continuous Integration
- Apply Scrum concepts and Extreme Programming techniques to large scale projects involving distributed teams
- Quantify code quality
- Apply refactoring techniques to work with legacy code
- Extend Agile principles to software architecture concerns
Who should attend
Technical Business Analysts and Project Managers, Agile Software Developers, Technical Testers, Application Architects and anyone requiring a deep appreciation of the principles and values of the Agile Manifesto or the techniques employed in Scrum and Extreme Programming.
Students are expected to have basic knowledge of object-oriented programming as well as at least 3 months’ hands-on experience with an object-oriented programming language for example C# or Java.
Your benefits at a glance
- Globally recognised qualification
- Learn the most up-to-date methodology
- Deliver increased efficiency and effectiveness to your team
- Learn through best practices and real examples
- Consistently high pass rates
- Learn with trainers who have proven track records
- Flexible delivery with online learning options
- Train with the world’s leading quality specialist for digital business
Recommended Follow-on courses
This Certified Scrum Developer Immersion course is a sufficient prerequisite for the Scrum Alliance’s Certified Scrum Developer qualification; no further training is required. The CSD also provides attendees with 40 Scrum Education Units (SEU) which will count towards other certifications with the Scrum Alliance.