A 1 day workshop
Live online events
12 October1 day, 09:30 AM BST - 05:00 PM BSTOnline
Register9 places remaining
- €650.00 excl. VAT
3 December1 day, 09:30 AM GMT - 05:00 PM GMTOnline
Register12 places remaining
- €650.00 excl. VAT
Testers never have enough time. How long should we spend testing? How long will enough testing take?
This course looks at current estimation techniques to aid accurate test estimation. The course covers several methods of estimation, with the positives and negatives for each method based on the experience Expleo Group has gained over the years working in many industries.
By the end of the course attendees, through instructor-led presentations, exercises and discussions, will be able to:
- Describe the basis for estimation and the reasons why many estimates performed will be wrong.
- Explain the benefits and shortcomings of conventional methodologies for test estimation.
- Present an established estimate to management on a cost relative, risk-management basis.
- Adjust the estimated schedule and budget to fit project constraints without undermining accuracy or unduly increasing the risk.
This one-day workshop covers:
- Principles of estimation
- Risk and estimation
- Why most estimates are wrong
- The real purpose of estimates
- Estimates, targets and commitment
- Over-estimation Vs under-estimation
- The importance of history in estimation
- Estimation risks and assumptions
- Practical techniques to develop an estimate
Knowledge of general test processes is required.
Your benefits at a glance
- Learn the most up-to-date methodology
- Deliver increased efficiency and effectiveness to your team
- Learn through best practices and real examples
- Learn with trainers who have proven track records
- Flexible delivery with online learning options
- Train with the world’s leading quality specialist for digital business
Who should attend
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to gain an understanding of how to make test estimation work in their context.