A one day practical workshop focusing on the process of exploratory testing.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
In software projects, exploratory testing approaches are increasingly used with or without formal structured testing. This course describes how you can apply an exploratory testing approach to quickly find information, to avoid expense or achieve an assigned objective.
At the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Learn the limitations of scripted testing
- Understand exploratory testing
- Appreciate how heuristics and oracles can guide exploratory testing
- Understand how exploratory testing fits in different contexts
- Appreciate the importance of bug advocacy and capturing notes
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the benefits of pair testing
- Show an introductory understanding to new tools that can assist in manual testing
- Demonstrate an understanding of collaborative and model-based testing
Who should attend
This course could be useful for every tester (apart from tool smiths). Testers and hands-on Test Leads will benefit a lot from it. There are also also elements on managing exploratory testing that are particularly useful for Test Managers.
There are no specific pre-requisites for this course.
However we would recommend that prior exposure to a test environment is advantageous.
Your benefits at a glance
- Learn the most up-to-date methodology
- Deliver increased efficiency and effectiveness to your team
- Learn through best practices and real examples
- Learn with trainers who have proven track records
- Flexible delivery with online learning options
- Train with the world’s leading quality specialist for digital business