How can we discover the right problem /opportunity to address, and ensure that the right product is built? “Certified Product Ownership” explores the discipline of Product Ownership with a focus on how to analyse and prioritise business value.
8 July2 days, 09:30 AM - 05:00 PM
18 October2 days, 09:30 AM - 05:00 PM
Expleo Academy’s delivery of this IC Agile Certified course provides you with techniques and tools for effective Product Ownership. It is designed to
introduce concepts of Business Value analysis, and to provide opportunities for practice of Product Ownership techniques that are applicable to an Agile development process.
This includes how to create and maintain a clear Vision for the team, how to Build a Product Roadmap, how to utilise Design Thinking, how to manage the Product Backlog, and the environment required for successful Product Ownership.
The immersive 2-day course is delivered by Professional Trainers and Agile Practitioners, with significant experience of real-world Agile development processes.
There are no course prerequisites. However, a basic understanding of the Agile mindset is advisable, and completion of Expleo Academy’s certified Agile Fundamentals course would provide an advantage.
Who should attend
This course is intended for those filling, or transitioning to, roles that support or deliver Product Ownership responsibilities. This includes roles such as Product Owner, Product Manager, Product Champion, Agile Customer, Business Subject Matter Expert, and Business Analyst. It is also of benefit to those in development team roles, such as Designers, Architects, and Specialist Testers, that support delivery of value to the business. The course will also appeal to anyone with a curiosity about agile approaches to value-driven software delivery.
- Understand the key characteristics of collaborative value-based Product Ownership in an Agile environment
- Recognise the skills and behaviours required for successful Product Ownership
- Use proven techniques for exploring potential solutions, communicating through modelling and examples
- Use proven techniques, such as User Journey Maps and Touchpoint Analysis, for creating a Product roadmap
- Follow a 5-step iterative Design Thinking process to guide Product design
- Select “Story splitting” techniques for Backlog Management and Release Planning
- Understand the role of Product Ownership in Product Quality, Team communications, and Progress Tracking
The Value of Agility
Defining Product Ownership
- Industry Definitions
- Patterns and variations in the role
- Factors for successful Product Ownership
- The importance of clear vision for the team
- The meaning of Value
- Problem Statement technique
- Business Model Canvas technique
- Concepts of Roadmaps and Backlogs
- Product Ownership in Roadmap and
- Backlog Management
- Planning Approaches
- User Journey Map technique
- Touchpoint Analysis technique
- Tips for reducing waste
- Design Thinking concepts
- Apply a Design Thinking approach
- Design Thinking techniques
- How Design Thinking can help
- Story Splitting techniques
- The role of Product Ownership in Backlog
- Definition of Done
- The importance of Quality
- Basic Usability approaches
- Effective documentation and knowledge management
- The role of Product Ownership in common agile ceremonies
- Story elaboration techniques
- The role of Product Ownership in testing
- The basics of value-based reporting
- Communicating progress to others
- What does effective Product Ownership require?
- Next Steps
Recommended Follow-on courses
- IC Agile Certified Agile Fundamentals
- User Stories Workshop
- iSQI Certified Agile Business Analysis
- BCS Certificate in Business Analysis Practice
- APMG Certified Change Management in Agile Environment
- DASA Certified DevOps Fundamentals
- ISTQB Certified Tester - Foundation Level Extension: Agile Tester