A 3 day course including the examination.
8 June3 days, 09:30 AM - 05:00 PM
21 September3 days, 09:30 AM - 05:00 PM
7 December3 days, 09:30 AM - 05:00 PM
Following on from the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level training, this workshop covers the increasing technical challenges faced by system testing in particular. Defined tasks need to be structured according to the technical requirements and the internal structure of the system needs to be analysed in detail in order to achieve the expected level of quality and detect errors during development.
The ISTQB® Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst certification will teach you on the basis of the current ISTQB® Advanced Level syllabus. The various procedures, techniques and tools for non-functional system testing will be explained, and you will then be in a position to apply these in your future work as a Technical Test Analyst.
The three-day certification will be followed by a two-hour examination. During the workshop, our experienced trainers will fully prepare you for the ISTQB® Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst examination.
As a prerequisite for this course, it is recommended that participants should have successfully completed the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level certification. Candidates need to prove evidence of at least 18 months of practical experience within the software testing field, and must be able to read and understand pseudo-code
The Business Objectives for the course allow a successful candidate to:
- Recognise and classify the typical risks associated with the performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability of software systems.
- Create test plans which detail the planning, design and execution of tests for mitigating performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability risks.
- Select and apply appropriate structural design techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on code coverage and design coverage.
- Effectively participate in technical reviews with developers and software architects applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in code and architecture.
- Recognise risks in code and software architecture and create test plan elements to mitigate those risks through dynamic analysis.
- Propose improvements to the security, maintainability and testability of code by applying static analysis.
- Outline the costs and benefits to be expected from introducing particular types of test automation.
- Select appropriate tools to automate technical testing tasks.
- Understand the technical issues and concepts in applying test automation.
The course covers the following areas:
- Tasks of a Technical Test Analyst in risk-based testing
- Structure-based testing: Simple condition test, condition/decision test, modified condition/decision test, multiple condition test, path test, API test, selection of structure-based procedures
- Analytical testing methods: static analysis (control flow analysis, data flow analysis, improved maintainability/adaptability with static analysis, call graphs), dynamic analysis (detection of memory leaks/“rogue” pointers, analysis of system performance)
- Quality features in technical tests (ISO 25000 standard): Planning aspects of technical testing, security testing, reliability testing, performance testing, resource usage, maintainability testing, portability testing
- Review checklists (architecture and code reviews)
- Testing tools and automation, tool integration, test automation projects, specific testing tools
- Practical exercises on all core topics
Your benefits at a glance
- Globally recognised qualification
- Learn the most up-to-date methodology
- Deliver increased efficiency and effectiveness to your team
- Learn through best practices and real examples
- Consistently high pass rates
- Learn with trainers who have proven track records
- Flexible delivery with online learning options
- Train with the world’s leading quality specialist for digital business
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Analyst
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Security Tester
|DASA Certified DevOps Fundamentals||26 Aug|
|Requirements Verification||07 Apr|
|Behaviour Driven Development - BDD||Register interest|
|Using Cucumber with Selenium||Register interest|