A two day practical workshop.
Live online events
3 December2 days, 08:30 AM GMT - 05:00 PM GMTOnline
Register11 places remaining
- €1,200.00 excl. VAT
Performance testing is a critical part of mitigating the risk of implementing an IT system, yet the number of testers who can effectively carry out this vital role is low. Out of those performance testers who have received training, most have only been instructed in how to use a particular tool, rather than how to carry out performance testing effectively. It can take years of trial and error to learn how to conduct performance testing effectively and efficiently.
The Performance Testing Fundamentals course will extend beyond the basic use of a tool to look at the nature of performance testing. The course also considers the challenges surrounding performance testing and how to overcome these challenges to make the performance testing more effective. The Performance Testing Fundamentals course will focus on the real nature of performance testing, how it should be carried out and how it should be managed.
On completion of this course, candidates will:
- Be able to explain the importance of performance testing and its place within the software lifecycle
- Understand the fundamentals of performance testing
- Be able to define the performance testing phases
- Be able to estimate the time and cost required for performance testing
- Be able to describe performance test procedures
- Understand and be able to mitigate typical performance test challenges
The course uses real life world case studies, with many practical examples, drawn from the extensive experience of Expleo Group consultants who regularly carry out performance testing on a wide variety of projects and will cover:
- Performance testing fundamentals
- Performance management fundamentals
- Performance strategy and planning
- Performance test monitoring
- Performance test preparation and execution
- Results analysis and tuning fundamentals
- Test evaluation and reporting
Who should attend
Any tester who is, or who is about to, carry out performance testing. Any test manager who is, or is about to, manage a performance testing project. Anyone who is interested in performance testing.
Your benefits at a glance
- Learn the most up-to-date methodology
- Deliver increased efficiency and effectiveness to your team
- Learn through best practices and real examples
- Learn with trainers who have proven track records
- Flexible delivery with online learning options
- Train with the world’s leading quality specialist for digital business
Candidates will need a basic knowledge of software testing principles. People new to testing should consider the Expleo Group Testing Basics course or the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level prior to attending this course.