The DALSM Certification is designed to help leaders, such as Scrum Masters, of Agile teams to find solutions to delivery challenges. The course is based on the Choose you WoW Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook which provides guided continuous improvement for teams looking to become effective at software delivery using Agile techniques.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
The DALSM Certification is designed to help leaders, such as Scrum Masters, of Agile teamsto find solutions to delivery challenges. The course is based on the Choose you WoW Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook which provides guided continuous improvement for teams looking to become effective at software delivery using Agile techniques.
This course will look at how to employ concepts such as eliminating waste, cost of delay, quality, rapid feedback and response, and the role of management. It also covers all aspects of Disciplined Agile, including its conceptual basis, how it is organised, roles and team structures, and its overall scope.
The Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master (DALSM) training and certification provides tools and strategies to help you lead an agile team, influence people, find solutions to delivery challenges quickly and to tailor your agile implementation using “best” or simply “practises” that match and reflect the unique situation of your team finds itself in.
Duration: 2 days for Advanced Practitioners
3 days for Knowledable Practitionrs
4 days for Beginning Practitioners
Who should attend
This Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master is appropriate for Leaders who are considering DA for their teams and want to get a better understanding of an agnostic agile approach to scaling agile across the business. Anyone who needs to lead an Agile or Lean team in an enterprise environment should think of this course.
After completing this course, you should:
- discover the elements and scope of Disciplined Agile and understand the full range of business agility,
- learn how to organise people into agile teams and understand where you fit into an agile team or organisation,
- organise the flow of work within a team and across teams and learn how teams can work differently yet still be governed consistently.
- learn how to lead your team through a tailoring workshop to identify their initial way of working (WoW),
- select the best-fit lifecycle for your team and choose the Disciplined Agile goal diagrams that are most relevant to your team’s situation
Day 1 - Foundations of Agile Agenda
- The big Agile picture
- Planning the first iteration
- Running the first iteration
- Information radiators
- Agile team roles
- Agile ceremonies
- Demonstration and retrospective of the first iteration
- Planning the second iteration
- Running the second iteration
- User Stories and estimation
- Test-first approach
- Dealing with change
- Demonstration of second iteration
Day 2 - Foundations of Lean Agenda
- What lean is and what it is not
- Value: understanding the value of the products and services we provide
- The value stream: understanding how we provide this value
- Flow: understanding how our work is done most effectively
- Pull: understanding a different way of managing work
- Perfection: we strive for perfection, not so much to achieve it but to continuously improve
Day 3 - Disciplined Agile Foundations
- The Disciplined Agile Mindset
- The seven principls of DA
- The Disciplined Agile Manifesto
- Overview of Disciplined Agile
- Layers of organisational agility
- Lifecycles – Team and value stream (DA FLEX)
- Goal diagrams – How to read and how to use
- Complex adaptive systems
- People and Teams
- Roles and responsibilities
- Team structures
- Team Agility
- Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)
- Agile business teams
- Agile service teams
- Organisational agility
- Value streams
- Disciplined DevOps
- Disciplined Agile IT (DAIT)
- Disciplined Agile Enterprise (DAE)
- Disciplined Agile FLEX
- Lean Governance
Day 4 - Choosing Your WoW ( Way of Working )
- Getting started and familiar with the Process Tool
- DA principles and complex adaptive systems (CAS)
- Five steps to choosing your team’s way of working (WoW)
- Analyse the context
- Select best-fit lifecycle
- Connect the dots
- Make some choices
- Guided continuous improvement
- Working through scenario 1 using the five steps of choosing your team’s WoW
- Working through scenario 2 using the five steps of choosing your team’s WoW
This course has an accompanying 1-hour examination that the candidate must pass to gain the DALSM Certification. The test fee is included in the registration fee. The test is a non-proctored online test.
This certification is offered through Project Management Institute (PMI)
To prepare attendees for the certification exam there are end-of-Module review question, end-of-day homework questions, and an end-of-course mock exam. The exam is scheduled for 1 – 2 days after the course completion.
The exam is scheduled for 1 – 2 days after the course completion.
|Writing User Stories Workshop||Register interest|
|Professional Scrum Master Preparation (PSM I)||Register interest|
|Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) Preparation Course Online||Register interest|
|SQL Fundamentals||Register interest|