A 1 day practical workshop.
Live online events
11 September1 day, 09:30 AM BST - 05:00 PM BSTOnline
Register6 places remaining
- €650.00 excl. VAT
The Test Automation Fundamentals course aims to introduce the concept of software test automation to anyone who has an interest or is about to embark on introducing automation software into their test environment. The Test Automation Fundamentals course will provide a stable platform from which to start the automation journey.
On completion of the Test Automation Fundamentals course, attendees will be able to plan for a successful test automation project and avoid some of the common pitfalls that can prevent success.
What is test automation?
- Myths and truths
- Advantages and disadvantages
Test automation tool selection
- Open source
- Custom or in-house
- Technologies and platforms
Plan for success
- The salesman's approach
- Failure to plan results in planning to fail
- Test case management
- Data management
- Version control
- Maintenance planning
- Object based
- Keyword / action based
- Transaction based
To automate or not?
- Functional vs. performance testing
- Regression testing
- System testing
- Unit testing
- Usability testing
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Who should attend
The course is suitable for testers, developers or managers with an interest in software test automation.
Your benefits at a glance
- Learn the most up-to-date methodology
- Deliver increased efficiency and effectiveness to your team
- Learn through best practices and real examples
- Learn with trainers who have proven track records
- Flexible delivery with online learning options
- Train with the world’s leading quality specialist for digital business
Recommended Follow-on courses
- Using Selenium
- Using Selenium Practical Workshop
- SQL for Testers
|ISTQB® Certified Tester: Foundation Level Extension - Agile Tester||13 Aug|
|BCS Certificate in Requirements Engineering||14 Sep|
|Linux Essentials||20 Jul|
|Using Selenium and Practical Workshop||05 Aug|