The aim of this training course is to provide you with the basic knowledge and skills, & to prepare you for the exam certifying you as an ISTQB® Certified Tester - Foundation Level.
Live online events
12 October3 days, 09:30 AM BST - 05:00 PM BSTOnline
Register10 places remaining
- €995.00 excl. VAT
2 November3 days, 09:30 AM GMT - 05:00 PM GMTOnline
Register11 places remaining
- €995.00 excl. VAT
23 November3 days, 09:30 AM GMT - 05:00 PM GMT
30 November3 days, 09:30 AM GMT - 05:00 PM GMT
14 December3 days, 09:30 AM GMT - 05:00 PM GMT
Most organisations require ISTQB® certification as a minimum skill requirement for software testers and therefore fundamental when applying for roles. In this course, you will use a standardised approach to software testing that will be immediately applicable to your projects.
In order to attain the certification you will be required to pass a 60-minute exam. Our trainers will fully prepare you by employing scenarios that mirror the exam questions in a mock exam session, and by focusing the three day course delivery with a balance of theory and practice.
Once you have completed the course and passed the exam you will be an ISTQB® Certified Tester - Foundation Level. You will then have the opportunity to extend your knowledge and certification as a Test Manager, Test Analyst, Technical Test Analyst and/or Security Tester.
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Demonstrate and implement effective testing techniques.
- Work to international standards and requirements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental principles and terminology of software testing.
- Undertake testing tasks with a greater degree of confidence.
- Feel well prepared for exam.
- Identify the required testing skills for recruitment and career development purposes.
- Fundamentals of software testing (including the basic testing process)
- Testing throughout the life cycle (software development models, test levels, test types, maintenance testing)
- Test design techniques (including specification-based or black-box techniques, structure-based or white-box techniques, experience-based techniques)
- Static testing (static testing techniques and the testing process, review process, tool-assisted static analysis)
- Test management (including test organisation, test planning and estimation, test progress monitoring and control, risk, error and incident management)
- Tools to support testing (types, benefits and risks, introduction of testing tools in an organisation
- This course can also be tailored to cover specific topics, for example an emphasis on embedded systems.
Who should attend
Quality Manager, Test Programme Manager, Test Manager, Requirements Engineer, Developer, Functional Tester, Agile Tester, User Acceptance Tester, Test Automation Specialist, Performance Specialist, Environments and Data Specialist, Security Specialist
There are no specific prerequisites for the ISTQB Foundation training course. However experience in software testing and embedded systems is recommended.
The ISTQB® Certified Tester - Foundation Level course is suitable for anyone involved in software testing. Pre-course notes are available for attendees who are unsure of the relevance to their background.
Your benefits at a glance
- Globally recognised qualification
- Learn the most up-to-date methodology
- Deliver increased efficiency and effectiveness to your team
- Learn through best practices and real examples
- Consistently high pass rates
- Learn with trainers who have proven track records
- Flexible delivery with online learning options
- Train with the world’s leading quality specialist for digital business
Recommended Follow-on courses
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level Extension: Agile Tester
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Analyst
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Technical Test Analyst
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level - Security Tester
|Testdatenorganisation und -management||Register interest|
|Project Management Fundamentals Online||30 Nov|
|BCS Business Analysis Oral Diploma Interview Exam: Prep and Revision Workshop Online||04 Nov|
|Test Automation Fundamentals||Register interest|