A five day certification course providing you with the knowledge and skills to pass the ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Manager examination.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
ISTQB® is the standard for international qualifications in software testing at an advanced level. The ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Manager course, with its large number of practical exercises and practice examination questions, thoroughly prepares attendees for the ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Manager examination. Whilst this course is focused on the syllabus, giving participants the maximum chance of passing the examination, it also contains many real world practical examples.
On completion of this course, attendees will have an advanced understanding of test design techniques and will be fully prepared to take the ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Manager examination.
The business outcomes include:
- Manage a testing project by implementing the mission, goals and testing processes established for the testing organisation.
- Organise and lead risk identification and risk analysis sessions and use the results of such sessions for test estimation, planning, monitoring and control.
- Create and implement test plans consistent with organisational policies and test strategies.
- Continuously monitor and control the test activities to achieve project objectives.
- Assess and report relevant and timely test status to project stakeholders.
- Identify skills and resource gaps in their test team and participate in sourcing adequate resources.
- Identify and plan necessary skills development within their test team.
- Propose a business case for test activities which outlines the costs and benefits expected.
- Ensure proper communication within the test team and with others.
The course follows the ISTQB® Advanced Level Test Manager syllabus and covers the following
- The fundamental test process
- Test levels and test types
- Test planning, monitoring and control
- Test analysis
- Test design
- Test implementation
- Test execution
- Evaluating exit criteria and reporting
- Test closure activities
- Test management in context
- Risk-based testing and other approaches for test prioritization and effort allocation
- Test documentation and other work products
- Project risk management
- Other test work products
- Test estimation
- Defining and using test metrics
- Business value of testing
- Distributed, outsourced, and insourced testing
- Managing the application of industry standards
- Management reviews and audits
- Managing reviews
- Metrics for reviews
- Managing formal reviews
- The defect lifecycle and the software development lifecycle
- Cross-functional defect management
- Defect report information
- Assessing process capability with defect report information
Improving the Testing Process
- Test improvement process
- Improving the testing process
- Improving the testing process with TMMI
- Improving the testing process with TPI Next
- Improving the testing process with CTP
- Improving the testing process with STEP
Test Tools and Automation
- Tool selection
- Return on investment (ROI)
- Selection process
- Tool lifecycle
- Tool metrics
People Skills – Team Composition
- Individual skills
- Test team dynamics
- Fitting testing within an organization
Candidates intending to take the ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Manager examination must hold the ISTQB®Certified Tester Foundation Level qualification (or ISEB equivalent). The examination runs separately on a Friday afternoon the week following the course.
E-vouchers are available as alternative to the paper-based exam.
Recommended Follow-on courses
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Analyst
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Security Tester
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst
Who should attend
Test Programme Managers, Test Managers, and anyone else wishing to take the ISTQB® Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Manager examination.
Your benefits at a glance
- Globally recognised qualification
- Learn the most up-to-date methodology
- Deliver increased efficiency and effectiveness to your team
- Learn through best practices and real examples
- Consistently high pass rates
- Learn with trainers who have proven track records
- Flexible delivery with online learning options
- Train with the world’s leading quality specialist for digital business
|ISTQB® Certified Tester: Advanced Level Test Analyst||07 Dec|
|Using Selenium in CSharp and Practical Workshop||Register interest|
|ISTQB® Certified Tester - Advanced Level: Technical Test Analyst||23 Nov|
|Behaviour Driven Development - BDD||Register interest|